This resource library is a communal work of knowledge, and we’d like to give special thanks to the partner organisations and activists who have let us feature their work here.
Search Resources by Keyword
Here are a number of useful website links where you will find resources and various communities and organizations around the world caring for life on Earth from a spiritual or faith perspective.
- A Rocha SA – An essential part of A Rocha South Africa (ARZA)’s work is our Theology & Citizenship programme which invites Christians to integrate care for creation into their day to day living. Christian
- Green Anglicans – Anglican Church of Southern African Environmental Network Christian
- Green Deen SA – Green Deen South Africa is an initiative of the Union of Muslim Students’ Associations of South Africa which aims to raise awareness and mobilise action in the South African Muslim community about current environmental issues. Muslim
- JAEI – The Johannesburg Anglican Environmental Initiative (JAEI), has many useful (Christian) liturgical and theological resources related to earth-keeping. They have formed a growing cluster of Anglican eco-congregations in Johannesburg, South Africa. Christian
- ACEN – The Anglican Communion Environment Network. Christian
- Australian Religious Response to Climate Change (ARRCC) – ARRCC aims to promote ethical, environmentally sustainable, healthy and contented lifestyles which respect the Earth’s precious natural resources, and to advocate, from a faith perspective, for public policies which contribute to climate justice.
- Canfei Nesharim – Educates and empowers Jewish individuals, organizations and communities to take an active role in protecting the environment, in order to build a more sustainable world. Jewish
- Catholic Climate Covenant– Started to address the questions concerning what are the moral implications of climate change, who is most impacted, and what should the Catholic community do? Christian
- Earth Quaker Action Team – A grassroots, nonviolent social action group founded by Quakers and inclusive of people of all faiths or no faith, who join with millions of people around the world fighting for our threatened planet. Quaker
- Eco-Sikh – EcoSikh is a response from the Sikh community to the threats of climate change and the deterioration of the natural environment. Sikh
- Ecumenical Water Network – A network of churches and Christian organisations promoting access to water for people around the world. Christian
- Forum on Religion and Ecology at Yale – This is the largest international multi-religious project of its kind. With its conferences, publications, and website it is engaged in exploring religious worldviews, texts, and ethics in order to broaden understanding of the complex nature of current environmental concerns. Multi-faith
- Gaia Foundation – Work with local communities to secure land, seed, food and water sovereignty. By reviving indigenous knowledge and protecting sacred natural sites, local self-governance is strengthened. Indigenous
- Green Guide for Hajj – The world’s first green Hajj guide by the Alliance of Religions and Conservation (ARC). Note: over 16MB! Muslim
- Hazon – We create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. Jewish