|Position Title||Social Media (50%) & EU Communications Coordinator (50%)
(fixed-term contract post – 12 months renewable contingent on funding)
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
Essential work experience
- Strategic communications, amplifying issues facing communities, running campaigns across media platforms: traditional, web and social media.
- Translating complex policy information- such as data and reports for affected communities to understand.
- Excellent social media experience and competency.
- Press release writing and distribution.
- Excellent clear and concise writing skills.
- Web skills, including familiarity with content management.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in English.
- An understanding of eco-justice and ethical governance.
- Willingness to travel and work in the field.
- Knowledge of climate policy issues.
- Proficiency in more than one South African language.
- Established press relationships.
- Experience and value of working in a diverse and multi-faith environment.
- Experience of working in the NGO sector.
- Photographic and video documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Excellent communication coordination skills: verbal and written.
- Team player with excellent time keeping.
- Committed and hard working with attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and be solution oriented.
- Understanding and commitment to a multi-faith approach
- Be a representative of SAFCEI and the values that we espouse, care for the Earth and all her inhabitants.
|Key Performance Areas||Activities / Objectives / Tasks|
|Social Media for SAFCEI (50% of full time role)||Input to SAFCEI’s social media strategy to grow our online presence both in terms of the organisations reach and its campaign objectives.
Research, source, create, run campaigns, schedule and publish social media content from SAFCEI and external sources.
|Record and share stats for weekly reports, to ensure we are constantly creating exciting and engaging content and widening our impact (numbers & followers through analytics monitoring).|
|Represent SAFCEI’s message in a professional capacity in both written and oral formats, including social media posts, emails, letters, meetings and webinars.|
|Contribute to strategy with ideas to grow various social media channels.|
|Be proactive and pitch ideas for social media channels, campaigns and the website.|
|Read and actively engage in climate, food & energy news.|
|Researching current energy landscape and drafting content based on the current campaign. Compile nuclear energy information for the nuclear campaign and to create a strong case for an anti-nuclear approach for the “Nuclear Free South Africa” campaign through news sourcing in SA and beyond. Monitor news sites for climate change news with a particular focus on climate change policy developments, focus on food systems such as agroecology and a just energy transition.|
|Communications for EU project (50% of full time role)||Develop media strategy for the EU project as a whole, outline how partner CBOs and issues will be promoted across both traditional and social media platforms.|
|The strategy will identify relevant publications/media outlets with which partnerships may be pursued for publicising project activities.
The specific target audiences are:
|Monitor news sites for climate change news with a particular focus on climate change policy developments, focus on food systems such as agroecology and a just energy transition.
Source, record and share faith leader voices and views surrounding the climate emergency and building climate resilient faith communities.
|Build a sustained consistent presence of the EU campaign project partners and objectives in the online and traditional media space for the duration of the project through sharing posts and consistent updating of online information.|
To apply, email email@example.com with a letter of motivation, detailing your experience and expertise, including your CV, and the names and contact details (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three references.
A skills test will be administered as part of the selection process.
All applicants must have a valid SA work visa and be staying in the country. This job requires you to be based in Cape Town.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SAFCEI is committed to the pursuit of diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets and building the best possible team.