VACANCY: Junior Social Media Engagement Assistant (full-time)
SAFCEI is seeking a Junior Social Media Engagement Assistant who is passionate about using social media platforms to engage with faith communities on issues of eco-justice.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering social media monitoring and engagement for SAFCEI’s Digital Campaigning.
The role involves growing our Earthkeeper’s Fast Action Network (FAN) through engagement on our social media platforms and with partners working within the cage-free movement. Research and database maintenance is essential.
Working together with our Campaigns team and Communications Manager to ensure monthly targets are reached.
Essential work experience
- Expert social media user who is able to amplify issues facing communities, running campaigns across media platforms: traditional, web and social media.
- Translating complex policy information- such as data and reports for affected communities to understand.
- Excellent social media experience and competency.
- Experience in social media community management and analysing tools (such as Buffer, LinkTree, Google Analytics)
- Experience with Microsoft Office and G-Suite applications (Excel, Word)
- Excellent clear and concise writing skills.
- Experience using MailChimp and database management.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in English and one other South African language.
- An understanding of eco-justice and ethical governance.
- Willingness to travel and work in the field.
- Photographic documentation skills.
- Knowledge of eco-justice issues.
- Proficiency in more than one South African language.
- Experience and value of working in a diverse and multi-faith environment.
- Experience of working in the NGO sector.
- Photographic and video documentation skills.
- Design skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
- Ability to take instruction and excellent timekeeping.
- Committed, persistent and hard working with attention to detail.
- Understanding and commitment to a multi-faith approach.
- Be a representative of SAFCEI and the values that we espouse, and care for the Earth and all its inhabitants.
|Key Performance Area (KPA)||Activities/Objectives/Tasks|
||Follow other accounts that are active and pertinent, and grow our social media engagement through engagement (posting, tagging, replying, requesting) and connecting with organisations, individuals and institutions and faith communities who post and care about the issues that SAFCEI works on.|
|Reach out to partners, faith leaders, activists, climate, energy and food justice, and animal welfare organisations to join our Earthkeepers’ Fast Action Network (FAN) to take action on our campaigns by messaging and engaging with post comments.|
|Build SAFCEI’s online presence and reach for its digital campaigns.|
||Researching leads and new followers of our campaigns. Compile lists for outreach to contact and engage with followers in new creative ways.|
|Input new sign-ons to our Earthkeepers’ FAN database, track growth, analyse reach and report monthly on progress.|
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 May 2023 with a letter of motivation, detailing your experience and expertise, including your CV, and the names and contact details (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three references.
A skills test will be administered as part of the selection process.
All applicants must have a valid SA work visa and be staying in the country. This job requires you to be based in Cape Town and have a driver’s license.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SAFCEI is committed to the pursuit of diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets and building the best possible team.