SAFCEI hosted a Faith Leaders Environmental Advocacy Training (FLEAT) follow-up workshop at The Reef Hotel, Mombassa, Kenya from 30th April to 2nd May.
On the first day of the workshop, Faith leaders were asked to report back on their journey of Earthkeeping since making their commitments on 31st May 2018.
Over the course of three days, faith leaders were also asked to:
- Discuss Energy Policies with SAFCEI’s advisor and former Eco-Justice Lead, Liz McDaid.
- Conduct an Eco-Audit on Energy, Water, and Waste at The Reef Hotel.
- Discuss their experiences on writing for the media, with Environmental Journalist, Oscar Nyhoa.
- Draft Press releases for the media
- Meet with Dr. Godffrey Nyongesa Nato, Mombassa County Executive Committee Member for Environment, Waste Management & Energy to discuss the County’s plans on Climate Change Adaptation.
The workshop concluded with faith leaders planning the next phase of their FLEAT journey, which will be executed by the elected Steering Committee.
The FLEAT Mombassa group will be holding a press conference for the media on Monday 20 May at the Jambo Hotel, Changamwe, Mombassa from 11 AM.
Applications close: 24 May 2019