The Southern African Faith Communities’ Environment Institute (SAFCEI) is looking for two new Directors to join the Board to provide oversight and strategic guidance to the organization in fulfilling its vision and mission of faith communities caring for the living Earth.
As we are an Institute of many faiths that reflects the diversity of Southern Africa, we are seeking people of faith who play a leadership role in their community, with one or more of the following skills:
– Finance / accounting and commerce
– Corporate governance and directorship experience
– HR and NGO experience
In particular, we would welcome applications from people of colour, and people from faiths that have hereto been under-represented, including:
African Independent, United Reformed / Dutch Reformed, Catholic, and Presbyterian Churches and representatives from the Baha’i faith and Traditional Healers.
This is a voluntary role with no remuneration, except agreed travel expenses for meetings.
Board members are expected to:
– Attend four Board meetings a year and an Annual General Meeting. Board meetings are generally held at our offices at Westlake in Cape Town. However, participants may Skype in, if they have good internet connections.
– Participate in the organisation’s strategic review and planning sessions every three to five years.
– Assist in fundraising for the organisation.
– Be committed to the organisation and be able to give it a reasonable amount of time and attention.
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com by 1st May 2019.
Location: Southern Africa