Earth Keepers, now is our time!
Are you facing high costs of water, electricity and waste? Or does your place of worship not have access to essential services?
The drought and water crisis in South Africa and Cape Town has been a big wake up call for many. It reminds us all of our dependence on Nature’s abundance and the impacts of climate change. It is also a call to action for us to reduce our footprint on creation.
Each one of us can make a difference. Faith communities are well placed to lead the way to living in greater harmony with the Earth.
In response to these challenges SAFCEI is offering members of faith communities the opportunity to take part in an eco-audit training workshop.
- DATE: Thursday, 17 May 2018
- TIME: 9 – 12 pm
- VENUE: Central Methodist Mission Church, 151 Longmarket St, Cape Town City Centre (map)
Participants will be provided with training on how to easily ”audit” water, energy and waste use at their place of worship and homes, and receive SAFCEI’s DIY eco-audit booklet. The training aims to address the questions:
- WHAT is the cost of excess water, energy and waste in your place of worship? Learn how to measure and manage consumption, and reduce your impact on Creation.
- UNDERSTAND the water, electricity and waste service fees, and how to reduce these costs?
- WHAT behavioural and technical options to shift to sustainable usage of water and energy and recycling are possible?
- HOW to develop an easy plan of action that is results based, saves money, gives you access to resources you need and cares for the Earth?
If you know of a colleague or friend who would be interested in this workshop, please share this invite with them!
For queries contact Kim Kruyshaar on 076 454 8467 or Kim@greenaudits.co.za.
We’ll confirm your attendance at the eco-training workshop after you’ve sent us your details.