You are invited to an online climate justice meeting: Post COP26 discussion in preparation for COP27
Join us as we look at the key outcomes of the 26th United Nations Framework Convention on Climate (UNFCCC) Conference of Parties (COP26) held in Glasgow, Scotland from 1-12 November 2021. We will be joined by an international panel of experts who will be sharing their perspectives and feedback on the climate change conference, COP26, as we prepare for COP27, later this year.
The meeting will be held on 10 March from 09:30 am to 12:00 noon (SAST) on Zoom.
The meeting will seek to achieve the following objectives:
- Offer faith leaders and people of faith an opportunity to learn from the experts and reflect from a faith perspective on the way forward for climate justice to COP27 after the COP26
- To understand key climate negotiations and outcomes from COP26
- Equip faith communities with information and resources on the impact of climate change [on food systems and] the environment, and provide them with information to help to build resilience.
- Vandana Shiva (Director, Foundation for Science, Technology & Ecology)
- Leonida Odongo (Co-founder and Executive Director, Haki Nawiri Afrika)
- Tashmica Sharma (South African Hindu Maha Sabha)
- Valériane Bernard (Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University, UN Representative)
- Shanon Shah (Director, Faith for the Climate)
- Stephanie Haszczyn (Policy Director, FAIRR Initiative)
- Francesca de Gasparis (Executive Director, SAFCEI)
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcocOCgqj0qGNyFd_4DPbL0TvtdXDMcpyaG
Please RSVP for admittance to the zoom. Data is limited, provided on a first come basis, and requests must be received by 12:00 pm on 7 March.
Click here to download the provisional agenda.