On Tuesday 24 September, ProVeg will be hosting their annual Heritage Day Braai around the country, together with partners who share their concern for animals and the environment. The event will be a community-led bring & braai where everyone is welcome, and guests are encouraged to bring along vegan food that represents their heritage.
SAFCEI will be joining the Cape Town event at Pinelands High School in Cape Town from 12 PM to 4 PM. See event details further below.
In addition to lots of delicious vegan food, ProVeg will be organising live music, lawn games, a lucky draw, and a jumping castle for kids.
The aim of the Heritage Day Braai is for vegans and non-vegans to celebrate Heritage Day in a more ethical and sustainable way, in a non-threatening environment. There are many different ways to advocate for veganism, environmentalism, animal rights, healthy eating and other related issues – the approach that this specific event takes is to focus on something we can all agree on: the importance of tasty plant-based food in making a change to the status quo. So we ask everyone to let the fun and food speak for itself.
To ensure that the event is as accessible as possible, ProVeg will be organising meat-free burgers and salads – for anyone without the means to bring food (and anyone who doesn’t know where to start with vegan food). However, it would be great if those who can, would bring a side dish to share so that it is more of a communal experience.
Date: Tuesday 24 September
Time: From 12h00 – 16h00
Venue: – Cape Town: Pinelands High School, Forest Drive, Pinelands, 7405 Cape Town, Western Cape RSVP on Facebook
– Durban: Conscious Cafe at The Castle on Main, 24B Old Main Road, 3610 Gillitts, KwaZulu-Natal RSVP on Facebook
– Johannesburg: Pirates Club, 25 Braeside Road, 2193 Johannesburg RSVP on Facebook
Cost: – Bring a side dish or items to share: Free!
– Students without bring and share items: R30
– Adults without bring and share items: R50
– Kids under 12: Free!
– Dogs on a leash: Free!
Guests are encouraged to bring along vegan food that represents their heritage. Please ensure that all items that you bring along are 100% plant-based.
Please don’t forget to bring:
– Camping chairs/picnic blankets
– Plant-based food to share
– Sunblock and sun umbrellas
– Balls, board games and items for outdoor fun
– Furry friends, with their snacks and water (on a leash)
– Own cutlery
– Cash (if you’d like to make a donation to ProVeg)
– Friends and family!
– Great vibes