Company Relations & Campaigns Coordinator
One year fixed-term contract post
(renewable if further funding is secured)
SAFCEI invites applications to a one-year fixed-term contract post of Company Relations & Campaigns Coordinator for appointment as soon as possible. The position forms part of SAFCEI’s programme team. The successful candidate will be based at the organisation’s head office in Westlake, Cape Town, and report to the coordinator of SAFCEI’s animals-related work.
The main purpose of this job is to advance protections for farmed animals, specifically by ending the practice of battery cage farming of laying hens. Companies that operate in Southern Africa and use or sell animal products for food, will be engaged, and campaigns conducted, to persuade them to eliminate caged eggs from their supply chain.
- A university degree (or equivalent) with minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience;
- An ability to speak authentically and with integrity and conviction from a faith perspective;
- Willingness to travel away from Cape Town as needed.
Required competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- High level of computer literacy;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing;
- Ability to present SAFCEI’s message professionally in both written and oral formats, including emails, letters, public presentations and high-pressure meetings with corporate executives;
- Ability to think and act critically and creatively, strategically and tactically;
- High-level interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire and motivate others;
- Social media skills;
- Organisational and administrative skills;
- Research skills.
Required personal attributes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Passionate commitment to animal rights and welfare;
- Self-motivated, cooperative, tenacious, tactful and committed to continuous learning.
Also advantageous will be:
- Fluency in one or more South African languages in addition to English;
- Knowledge of farmed animal welfare issues;
- A valid driver’s licence.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com:
- A letter of motivation;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- The names and contact details (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three (3) referees.
Closing date for applications: 15 November 2017.
For further information about the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 082 790 8948.
- A skills test may be administered as part of the selection process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAFCEI is committed to the pursuit of diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets
and building the best possible team