The Let There Be…Stuff? faith-based teen program is designed for a group of 6-15 youth between 13-18 years old to attend at their house of worship and is led by a facilitator.
The program is organized in six sections:
- Caring for Creation – Opening ourselves to the awe and wonder of Creation and our role as Earth stewards.
- The Story of Stuff – Revealing the whole Story of Stuff, from cradle to grave, its impact on people and the planet and hearing the call to take action.
- An Unfortunate Creation Story – Looking at the specific stories of some of our favorite Stuff: What’s in it, how it was made, how it got to us, and the real cost of production to the planet and people.
- Don’t Buy It – Learning how we are being manipulated by the media to keep endlessly consuming and how we can start thinking for ourselves and have more fun.
- Waste Not – Learning where our stuff goes when it leaves our hands, the true cost to people and the planet, and how we can reduce our waste.
- Going Forth – Celebrating student’s achievement in taking the course and supporting them in taking their next steps as Earth stewards beyond the course.