Faith communities committed to cherishing living earth...
We are an institute of people of many faiths, united in our diversity through our common commitment to earthkeeping. Our aim is to support the faith communities in fulfilling their environmental & socio-economic responsibility.
In the spirit of our respective faiths, through collaboration, networking, research & action, our objectives are to:
- Raise environmental awareness.
- Engage in formulating policy & ethical guidelines within our faith communities.
- Facilitate environmental responsibility & action.
- Confront environmental & socio-economic injustices.
- Support environmental training and learning.
We uphold as core values the principles of the Earth Charter:
- Respect and care for the community of life, following these four broad commitments:
- Respect Earth and life in all its diversity
- Care for the community of life with understanding, compassion and love.
- Build democratic societies that are just, participatory, sustainable, and peaceful.
- Secure Earth's bounty and beauty for present and future generations.
- Ecological integrity
- Protect and restore the integrity of Earth's ecological systems, with special concern for biological diversity and the natural processes that sustain life.
- Social and economic justice
- Eradicate poverty as an ethical, social, and environmental imperative.
- Democracy, non-violence and peace
- Strengthen democratic institutions at all levels, and provide transparency and accountability in governance, inclusive participation in decision making and access to justice.
- Treat all living beings with respect and consideration.
- Promote a culture of tolerance, non-violence and peace.